Wyoming, Mich. - The Alma College men's golf team shot a 341 (+61) at day one of the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association Fall Finale on Friday (Oct. 12). Freshman Eli Pinter (Muskegon, Mich. / Reeths-Puffer) led the way for the Scots with an 80 (+10), finishing 33rd overall.
The Scots are currently in seventh place in the conference. Hope has a tight grip on the top spot with 1434 total strokes. Calvin is in second with 1478 and Trine and Kalamazoo are neck-and-neck for third and fourth place with one tournament left in the fall season.
How It Happened
- Senior Kyle Bodkins (Ada, Mich. / Forest Hills Central) tied for 44th place overall, shooting an 84 (+14).
- Sophomore Tait Morrissey (Canadian Lakes, Mich. / Big Rapids) had a score of 88 (+18).
- Bennett Schmitt (Frankfort, Mich. / Frankfort) and Luke Lamoreaux (Sterling Heights, Mich. / Sterling Heights Stevenson) tied for 44th overall and shot an 89 (+19).
- Rounding out scoring for the Scots was freshman JP McDonald (Jackson, Mich. / Hillsdale Academy) shot a 93 (+23).
- At the end of day one, Hope College is in first place with a score of 284 (+4), one stroke ahead of second-place Kalamazoo College.
The Scot's fall season will conclude at the end of tomorrow's Championships in Wyoming. Tee time back at the L.E. Kaufman golf course is at 9 a.m.
MIAA Championships Day 1 Standings
Hope College - 284 (+4)
Kalamazoo College - 285 (+5)
Calvin College - 288 (+8)
Trine University - 297 (+17)
Albion College - 297 (+17)
Adrian College - 299 (+19)
Olivet College - 326 (+46)
Alma College - 341 (+61)