East Lansing, Mich. - The Alma College STUNT Team was perfect for the second straight weekend, defeating three opponents to go 3-0 at the Michigan State University STUNT Tournament on Sunday (Feb. 11) at Jenison Fieldhouse.
Alma defeated Ferris State University, the University of Michigan, and host Michigan State to move to 7-1 on the season.
Jenison Field House will be the site of the 2018 College STUNT Association National Championships, which are scheduled for Friday-Sunday, April 27-29.
How It Happened
- The Scots opened the day with an 18-0 win over Ferris State University in a modified game, where teams performed three routines a quarter and were limited to routines 1-3.
- Alma scored a perfect 21 points in a 21-6 win over the University of Michigan, capturing a point in every routine.
- Against host Michigan State in the tournament finale, Alma posted a 17-9 victory. The Scots led, 3-2, after the first quarter and held a 7-3 advantage at the half after outscoring the Spartans 4-1 in the pyramids routines. Michigan State won the third quarter, outscoring Alma 4-2 in the jumps and tumbles routines, leaving the Scots with a 9-7 advantage heading into the final quarter.
- In the fourth quarter, Alma won the first routine, outscoring MSU 3-1 in routine 5. The Scots won the second performance with a 2-1 score in routine two, then sealed the victory with a 3-0 win in the final routine, calling routine 6.
- The Scots are 7-1 in STUNT games this season and have won five straight.
- Alma is 2-0 this season against Ferris State, blanking the Bulldogs in each matchup.
- Alma has posted a perfect 21-point score in each game against Michigan.
The Scots will wrap up regional play on Sunday, Feb. 18, hosting the Alma College STUNT Tournament at Art Smith Arena. Six teams will compete in the event, which is set for an 11 a.m. start. Alma will play Michigan State at 11:45 p.m., followed by a 4:30 p.m. meeting with Davenport University to close out the day. Michigan, Michigan State, Ferris State, and Olivet College will also be participating.