Adrian, Mich. –The Alma College baseball team fell in a pair of games to No. 18 Adrian College by scores of 8-5 and 10-2. The Scots drop to 4-10 overall an 0-2 in the MIAA while the Bulldogs are now 9-2 on the year with a 2-0 conference record.
- After falling down 2-0 in the first, junior catcher Jaret Koin (Sterling, Mich. / Standish-Sterling) stepped up in the top of the second with one out and launched his first home run of the season.
- By the fourth, Alma was already down, 7-1. With one out and runners on first and second, freshman right fielder Joshua Robinson (Dewitt, Mich. / Dewitt) hit a double to right to bring home both runners.
- Alma would add a run in the fifth and one in the sixth to cut into the lead but would come up short in the seven inning game.
- Robinson got the first Alma hit of the game to lead off the third inning. After stealing second, Robinson came around to score on a single by junior center fielder Pete Carravallah (Canton, Mich. / Plymouth).
- The next hit for the Scots would not come until the top of the sixth when junior third baseman Logan Huff (Johannesburg, Mich. / Johannesburg-Lewiston) led off the inning with a solo blast for his second home run of the season.
- The Bulldogs bullpen shut the door with retiring the final 10 Alma batters of the game.
- Koin went 3-for-3 in game one with three runs scored. Senior left fielder Jordan Anstandig (West Bloomfield, Mich. / Walled Lake Northern) and junior shortstop Zach Schirmer (Bay City, Mich. / Bay City Western) each had two hits in the opening game.
- Freshman pitcher Trevor Wregglesworth (Onaway, Mich. / Onaway) suffered the first loss of his career in the first game.
- In game two, freshmen pitchers Clay Crouterfield (Stanish, Mich. / Standish-Sterling) and Noah Hamilton (Fowler, Mich. / Fowler) were lights out coming from out of the bullpen. Crouterfield went two shutout innings while Hamilton pitched a scoreless eighth.
The Scots and Bulldogs will play two more on Sunday (Mar. 24). The doubleheader was originally scheduled to play at Klenk Park but has been moved to play at Adrian. The Scots will be the home team for both games with the first starting at 1 p.m.